This could include Study abroad, International internships, overseas volunteer programs, research abroad. Being an international student in the U.S counts for International Experience. Note that the international experience must be completed while students are in college.
If you are looking for an International Experience refer to the opportunities NC State provides. Please note there may be additional opportunities offered that are not listed.
- College-Based International Programs
- Alternative Service Break – international opportunities available
- Study Abroad
- Prague Institute – Open to all NC State students
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship
- Boren Awards
- CALS Student Scholarships/Opportunities
- CHASS Scholarship and Research Funding Opportunities
- CNR Scholarship Opportunities (scroll towards the bottom of the page)
- Fullbright U.S. Student Program
- Study Abroad Scholarships
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society Study Abroad Scholarship – open to all students who meet eligibility requirements (GPA, etc)
International Travel Resources
- International Travel Gateway – Required for all students participating in university-affiliated non-credit international travel.
- Travel Clinic – Offered by Student Health Center for pre-travel vaccinations, etc.
- Passport Services – Need a passport? Located in Witherspoon Student Center!
- International Health Insurance – Required for all students participating in university-affiliated international travel.